April is National Car Care Month! The Car Care Council supports Car Care Month as a way to bring attention to proper car care and preventative maintenance. The month of April was chosen to prepare cars for spring and summer road trips. It’s the perfect time to take care of any car problems that may have occurred during the winter months.
Tips on Caring for Your Car
The Car Care Council recommends these tips to keep your car operating at its best:
- Check your car’s oil, filters, and fluids. Oil should be changed according to the owner’s manual recommended intervals. Brake, transmission, power steering, coolant and windshield washer fluids should also be checked regularly. Your car’s filters require regular inspection and replacement.
- Check the brake system each year. If the brakes make a grinding noise or if your stopping distance has increased, get your brakes serviced.
- Check the car’s tire pressure regularly. To reduce tire wear and improve fuel economy, have your car’s alignment checked annually.
- Test interior and exterior lights and replace any bulbs that no longer work. Replace windshield wiper blades should be replaced every six months or when cracked, cut, torn, streaking or chattering.
- Check that the battery connection is tight and corrosion-free. If the battery is more than three years old, it should be tested and replaced, if necessary.
About Car Donation Wizard
Car Donation Wizard has proudly raised over $200 million for our charity partners. We return 75-80% of the gross proceeds from the sale of your vehicle to the organization of your choice, the highest of any vehicle donation program! Car Donation Wizard accepts all car donations, trucks, motorcycles, boats, snowmobiles, trailers, and RV’s. Click here to read our blog with step-by-step instructions on how to donate your car.
Support your favorite charity by donating your car online or calling us at 877-957-2277!