April 1 is 401Gives Day, an annual fundraising campaign run by the United Way of RI for nonprofits throughout Rhode Island. The purpose of the campaign is to “bring a collective voice to the nonprofit community and deepen the state’s culture of giving”.
Rhode Island’s nonprofit sector makes up 18% of the state’s total workforce. Last year’s campaign raised $1.3 million for 366 nonprofit organizations across the state.
Local Charity Partners
On this 401Gives Day, support our local charity partners with a car donation. Click on any of the organizations below for more information. If you are unable to donate your car, consider a monetary donation.
- The Rhode Island Community Food Bank distributes food to Rhode Islanders through a network of food pantries, shelters, senior centers, meal sites and youth programs.
- Clean Ocean Access works to maintain a “healthy ocean that is free of marine debris with water that is safe for all ocean activities and a shoreline that is accessible to the public”.
- The Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Resource Foundation provides free programs and services to cancer patients, survivors, and their families throughout Southern New England.
- The Special Olympics of Rhode Island supports year-round training and athletic competition for children and adults with intellectual disabilities throughout Rhode Island.
- The ALS Association Rhode Island Chapter supports those living with ALS and their loved ones through services and education.
- The Potter League for Animals provides shelter, veterinary care, behavior training, spay & neuter, owner assistance programs, humane education, and the opportunity for thousands of animals to find loving homes in Rhode Island.
- The East Bay Food Pantry and Thrift Shop serves those in need of food assistance in the East Bay region of Rhode Island.
- Thundermist Health Center provides health and wellness services to patients who struggle with substance abuse, homelessness, and other issues.
- We Share Hope partners with New England-based organizations to ensure food and non-food items are distributed to those in need.
- Habitat for Humanity of Greater Providence is dedicated to ensuring all residents of the Greater Providence area live in decent, affordable homes.
Don’t see your Rhode Island based organization listed? Our Cars for Charity Vehicle Donation Program lets you donate your car to the nonprofit of your choice. Choose a charity from the drop-down list or type in the organization’s name and city in which it is located.
Donating your car is an easy way to support any organization. Car Donation Wizard will return 75-80% of the gross proceeds from the sale of your vehicle to the organization of your choice. Support local nonprofits in Rhode Island by donating your car online or by calling us at 877-957-2277.