What is World Kindness Day?
World Kindness Day was started by the World Kindness Movement in 1998 to promote kindness. The World Kindness Movement is an international NGO formed at a conference in Japan in 1997. The organization says the purpose of World Kindness Day is “to highlight good deeds in the community focusing on the positive power and the common thread of kindness which binds us.” Participants worldwide host events, such as concerts and dance mobs, to promote the day.
It is celebrated internationally every November 13 in countries such as the United States, Canada, Australia, U.A.E., and Japan. Today, the day is still unofficially observed. The World Kindness Movement hopes to gain official recognition from the United Nations in order to join the list of other recognized days of observance.
Consider these seven ways to celebrate World Kindness Day, courtesy of The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation:
- Send an uplifting text message to a friend or family member.
- Let that guy merge into traffic with a wave and a smile.
- Include intentional moments of kindness, laughter and delight in your daily routine.
- Go outside your comfort zone at least once a day to make someone smile.
- Give a compliment to a co-worker or friend.
- Reach out to a family member you haven’t spoken to recently.
- Treat someone to a cup of coffee.
Car Donation Wizard makes the donation process easy so donate online or call (877) 957-2277 today!