Every day the American Cancer Society saves lives and creates a world with more birthdays in it. In 2012 Car Donation Wizard joined forces with the American Cancer Society to reintroduce the Cars for a Cure program.
Here are some facts and figures that demonstrate the amazing work that the American Cancer Society does and how donating your car today can help achieve even more.
- Nearly 14 million people in the US who have had cancer- and countless more who have avoided it – will be celebrating birthdays this year.
- The American Cancer Society had awarded more than $3.8 billion in research grants since 1945.
- The American Cancer Society offers free lodging to more than 40,000 patients in 31 locations throughout the US through it’s Hope Lodges.
- The American Cancer Society offers 1 million free transportation services throughout the US.
- In 2014 one of the nations leading drug stores, CVS Caremark, stated that it will no longer be selling tobacco products or cigarettes at it’s drug stores, a campaign that the American Cancer Society’s Cancer Action Network has worked tirelessly to achieve. In October 2014 CVS Caremark will be the first national drug store to take the step towards “the fight to save lives from the devastating effects of tobacco use”.
With all of the great results that the American Cancer Society has achieved they need funds to support their efforts, here are some of the fun and easy ways to give back:
Relay for Life is held throughout the country and is a great way for communities and individuals to give back and raise money and awareness for cancer research.
This year Car Donation Wizard has a Relay for Life team. We have been campaigning for months, working with local businesses trying to raise money for cancer research and other programs run by the American Cancer Society. Everything from dress down days to raffles, we are raising money for our Cars for a Cure team and having fun at the same time!
This is an annual walk that takes place across the Unites States. Survivors, caregivers and those affected by breast cancer come out to support the American Cancer Society’s mission “to create a world with more birthday’s in it”.
We are a proud partner of the American Cancer Society’s Cars For a Cure vehicle donation program. Vehicle donation is one of the easiest ways to give back to your favorite organization. Donate a car, truck, boat, motorcycle, trailer, airplane, motor-home or other vehicle today and help the American Cancer Society continue to save lives.
If you or someone you know have any questions about cancer or would like someone to talk to, call the American Cancer Society’s 24/7 hotline.
You might also link: Spotlight on our partner: The American Cancer Society