- Oil, gas and operating fluids pose a significant risk to the environment. Trained technicians carefully drain all the fluids and store them for reuse or recycling. Special equipment and methods are used in order to prevent any groundwater contamination. An average of 40 liters of fluids are removed from each vehicle and are used, re-used or responsibly disposed of.
- Gas tanks, batteries and tires are all removed and are recycled, reused or disposed of appropriately.
- Each vehicle is inspected to determine which parts are appropriate for re-use. The VIN number and mileage of vehicle, along with the make, model and year are recorded in order to provide accurate inventory data.
- The vehicle is then sent to the dismantling area where parts are removed, inspected and readied for resale. Each part is tagged, coded and entered into a computerized inventory system before it is properly stored.
- The unusable portion of the vehicle is then crushed and sent to be shredded into fist-sized pieces for recovery. The valuable ferrous and non-ferrous metals are then separated and reused to make new cars and other products you buy… and the cycle starts again.
Read the full article at OARA.com.
Car Donation Wizard takes pride in helping eco-unfriendly vehicles reach the recycling process in a safe and effective way that benefits the environment and the charity of your choice.