Just like that, the joyous holiday season is here! At this time, we are often reminded to share, care, and give to those around us. Not only can you give to family, but don’t forget to give to members in your community as well. Making charitable contributions can help those around us celebrate the holidays.
Here are five ways that you can support your community during the season of giving:
- Donate belongings. Before the holidays, we often make space for family gatherings, or for presents in our homes. While doing so, you can collect your unwanted items that are taking up space, and donate them at a local shelter. Items such as clothes, toys, food, and more can be donated. This is a great way to give back while also cleaning. Your unwanted items could make someone’s holiday complete.
- Bake or cook. The holidays can be a dreaded time for those suffering from loss. Food has a power of bringing people together and cheering us up. Bringing cookies or baked goods to those in the hospital or nursing homes could make their day. Or you could find a family in need, and deliver them dinner. Small acts of kindness make big impacts.
- Shop local. The most stressful part of the holidays is finding that perfect gift for everyone. Instead of buying basic gifts at big corporations, purchase gifts from local businesses. Not only are you making a huge difference in the lives of small business owners, but your gift could be more personal. You could purchase gift cards from a favorite local restaurant, nail salon, coffee shop, etc.
- Volunteer. There are plenty of local places where you can help out and volunteer. Toy drives, food banks, nursing homes, and homeless shelters are just a few places that could use your help. You can also volunteer to assist with local fundraisers.
- Donate a vehicle to charity. When you donate your car to charity, the funds can support families, children, animals, and more for the holiday season. You’ll also be eligible for a tax deduction if you itemize your taxes. With your donation, the charity of your choice can change lives.
Donate Your Car During the Holidays
Car Donation Wizard partners with nationally respected charities including Habitat for Humanity, American Cancer Society, and Special Olympics. We have proudly raised over $200 million for our charity partners. Car Donation Wizard accepts all types of vehicles, including cars, trucks, motorcycles, travel trailers, boats, and more! We also return 75-80% of the gross proceeds from each vehicle donated back to the charity of your choice – the highest of any vehicle donation program! To see the full list of charities we work with, visit us online or call us at 877-957-2277.