Military families in America are always facing challenges. Undoubtedly, through their brave service, but also with managing their home life.
Have you ever moved homes before? Do you remember the stress you experienced? It probably consisted of trying to remember all of your belongings. All while adapting to a brand new environment. Well, imagine moving across the country with nobody to assist you. Along with most of the expenses not being covered.
How to Help
Military members deserve to be thanked for their bravery and services. These families face challenges every time they get stationed somewhere new (which can be often). These are five ways that YOU can make a difference in their lives:
1. Facebook Birthday Fundraisers are an easy way to begin fundraising. Instead of asking for gifts for your next birthday, you can post a fundraiser on Facebook. Then, your friends and family can donate to the Military Family Advisory Network. Skip the socks from grandma and ask her to put the money towards your fundraiser instead.
2. Volunteer in your local community. If you are unable to donate to a military family financially, then donate your time! Maybe help a local military family move into their new home. Or you can bring them a home cooked dinner. Small acts of kindness go a long way for a family. Especially, because they’re unfamiliar with their new town. At this time, you can become a volunteer and help military families through American Red Cross.
3. Fill a gift basket with your gently used items. Items such as clothes, toys, cleaning supplies, etc. could make a HUGE difference. These military families aren’t able to bring every item with them. Can you imagine the expenses of having to restart your life? Donated items can also make their house feel less empty and more like a home.
4. Donate stock. It’s okay if you don’t want to donate dollars from your bank account or wallet. Alternatively, you can donate your stock. The Military Family Advisory Network accepts stock and other marketable securities as a charitable donation.
5. Donate your car to the Military Family Advisory Network. A military family relies on a car to travel a new home where they’re stationed. That’s right, even across the country. They aren’t able to pack all of their belongings if they fly. Although, with a car, they are able to bring more of their items. You can donate your car to the Military Family Advisory Network online or by calling 877-957-2277.
Donate a Car to Military Family Advisory Network
The Military Family Advisory Network was founded by military members and families for military members and families. MFAN’s mission is to be the bridge that connects military members and their families to the resources, people, and information needed to successfully navigate all phases of military life.
All donations to the Military Family Advisory Network help connect military members and their families to the resources they need to succeed.
Donating your car is an easy way to support military members and their families. Car Donation Wizard accepts all car donations, trucks, motorcycles, boats, snowmobiles, trailers, and RV’s. We will return 75-80% of the gross proceeds from the sale of your vehicle to MFAN, the highest of any vehicle donation program!