Today’s car donation story features a 1997 Volvo 850 that was donated to Habitat for Humanity through its Cars for Homes Vehicle Donation Program. The proceeds from the sale of the Volvo 850 will help build a house for a family in the Merrimack Valley Habitat for Humanity community.

We purchased the Volvo in January 2000 when we found out we were expecting another child and needed a bigger car. Much to our surprise, we were pregnant with twins! We instantly worried that we could not fit 3 car seats across the back seat. Alas, it was possible and the car stayed with us long after the car seats were no longer necessary. We sold the car to my parents for a few years while our kids were not able to drive, but, then bought it back from them once they were of driving age.

Volvo Habitat Selfie

The donor poses with the 1997 Volvo 850.

The twins are now 20, and have enjoyed countless trips driving the Volvo, along with their older sister. The Volvo was in the parking lot at their high school for so many years, it made it into the school newspaper as Car of the Week. It was also featured in homework assignments [and in] a music video for microeconomics. It is a much loved car that has served us well, but, it is time to go. Hoping Habitat for Humanity makes good use of it!

Does your vehicle have a special story? Don’t forget to share it with us! We love to feature our donor stories and selfies on our Facebook and Instagram pages.

About Cars for Homes

Car Donations to Habitat for Humanity

Habitat for Humanity is a global housing organization that works throughout 70 countries. Habitat’s vision is to create a world where every man, woman, and child has a decent place to live, regardless of race or religion. Car Donation Wizard is proud to partner with Habitat for Humanity on its Cars for Homes program. All donations through the Cars for Homes program help build safe and affordable housing for a family in your local community.

Donating your car is an easy way to support any organization. Car Donation Wizard will return 75-80% of the gross proceeds from the sale of your vehicle to your local Habitat for Humanity affiliate.

Help provide housing for a family in your local community today by donating your car online or calling us at (877) 277-4344.