We understand that with all the organizations accepting car, truck, motorcycle and RV donations that it can be tricky to navigate your way through finding the best one. We want to make sure that donors doing their homework, know that with a little research, you can find the best charity accepting vehicle donations. Here’s a list Car Donation Wizard has put together to help you find the best match:
- Verify that the recipient organization is a tax exempt charitable organization.
- Make sure the title of the car is properly transferred and not left blank, keep a copy of this record.
- Find out how your organization benefits from the resale of the car.
- Check out the charity, make sure you are comfortable with its mission and activities and that its philosophy matches your own.
- Take photos of the car for tax records and consider including a photo with your title so that your vehicle is sold in the best possible venue by your chosen organization.
- If the car you’re donating is worth more than $5,000, get a written professional appraisal.
- Check out the charity with the Better Business Bureau serving your area.
- Find out if the charity accepting car donations is properly registered with the government agency in your state that regulates charities (usually a division of the state’s office of the attorney general).