The dreary days of winter make it tough to keep our New Year resolutions and see a spike of Seasonal Affective Disorder in Humans but it’s also an especially tough time on pets. This time of year sees an influx of animals to shelters. Unwanted or badly treated dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens are all looking for their ‘forever homes’. Here at Car Donation Wizard we want to highlight some facts about our charity partner, North Shore Animal League America, and let you know the impact that your car donation to animals can have.
- NSALA was founded in 1944 by a small group of animal lovers, intent on finding homes for abandoned pets that would otherwise be destroyed.
- NSALA is the world’s largest no-kill animal rescue and adoption organization.
- Over the past decade NSALA has saved an average of 20,000 dogs, cats, puppies, and kittens each year – and 1,000,000 lives saved to date
- NSALA receives no government funding and with an average cost of $1,250 to rescue, nurture, and ready a pet for adoption- car donations from generous supporters like you, are critical to continuing their mission – saving more animals lives.
- Car Donation wizard gives back over 80% of proceeds from car sales to our charity partners. Funds from the NSALA car donation program support all the hands-on work which includes the shelters, ongoing rescue efforts, lifesaving Mobile Adoption Units, and their Pet Health Center.
- Today, NSALA continues to make innovations that save more pets lives, support shelter and rescue groups, and add awareness to the plight of shelter animals everywhere.
By generously donating your vehicle today, you can help ensure that NSALA can succeed in their vision to “Create a world where all companion animals find compassionate, permanent homes and to end animal cruelty and euthanasia.”